Unit 14 Director
Why are you running for office?
Serve my fellow members in support of continuing the unprecedented strides achieved by the establishment of BUI4. The diversity of my work history in both the Lifeguard and LE arenas on dual islands provides me with a comprehensive understanding of the strengths, uniqueness and needs of the agencies represented.
What are your goals?
Continue to strive toward achieving parity with our peer counterparts throughout the nation. Promote the highest professional standards for all first responders in BU14. Raise the bar when it comes to policies, procedures, compensation, facilities, training, & equipment. Establish greater unity & communication amongst the seven agencies represented.
- Ocean Safety Officer Oahu (approx. 9 years)
- Federal Head Lifeguard (approx. 3 years)
- Maui Ocean Safety Chief (approx 3 years)
- Maui DOCARE (approx. 2 years)
- Oahu DOCARE (approx. 13 years)
- DOCARE Supervisor (approx. 7 years)
- Oahu Ocean Safety Administrator (approx. 2 1/2 years)
- USCG Reserve Maritime LEO (approx. 15 years)
- USCG Merchant Mariner Captains License, USLA Opena Water Lifeguard, DLNR PWC Instructor Trainer, FLETC Marine Law Enforcement Training Program, KCC First Responder,
- Reserve DOCARE Officer (1997-2OO1)