2017-2019 State Board of Directors Election
Elections for the 2017–2019 term of office for the president and board of directors are being held this year. Active members interested in running will be able to pick up a candidate packet from the HGEA offices starting Tuesday, January 31, 2017. Interested candidates can also apply online (see below).
In addition to electing the president, active members will elect directors for Units 2, 3, 4, 6, 8, 9, 13, 14, Hawaii-at-large, Kauai-at-large, Maui-at-large and Oahu-at-large.
Key dates in the election schedule are:
- Thursday, March 2: Deadline to submit nomination petitions
- Saturday, March 18–Sunday, April 16: Period for mailing ballots
- Tuesday, May 2: Last day to vote (Election Date)
Ballots must be hand-delivered before 4:30 p.m. or postmarked before midnight.
- Friday, May 12, 4:30 p.m.: Deadline to receive mailed ballots postmarked by midnight, May 2.
- Saturday, May 13, 8:00 a.m.: Ballots counted and results certified.
The president and directors will serve from July 1, 2017 to June 30, 2019. They are not paid for their service.
Applications are Open!
For 2017-2019 HGEA State Board of Directors