April 6: Candidate Forum
HGEA is proud to announce the 2017 HGEA State Board Election Candidate Forum! Please join us as we hear from candidates running for Directors of Units 3, 13, 14, Oahu-at-Large & Kauai-at-Large!
Thursday, April 6, 2017
HGEA Building, 1st floor
*Neighbor island candidates will be participating via VTC
Online registration available for: Hawaii, Kauai, Maui and Oahu
Viewing will be available to all HGEA members at neighbor island offices.
2017-2019 State Board of Directors Election
Elections for the 2017–2019 term of office for the president and board of directors are being held this year. Active members interested in running will be able to pick up a candidate packet from the HGEA offices starting Tuesday, January 31, 2017.
In addition to electing the president, active members will elect directors for Units 2, 3, 4, 6, 8, 9, 13, 14, Hawaii-at-large, Kauai-at-large, Maui-at-large and Oahu-at-large.
Key dates in the election schedule are:
- Thursday, March 2: Deadline to submit nomination petitions
- Saturday, March 18–Sunday, April 16: Period for mailing ballots
- Tuesday, May 2: Last day to vote (Election Date)
Ballots must be hand-delivered before 4:30 p.m. or postmarked before midnight.
- Friday, May 12, 4:30 p.m.: Deadline to receive mailed ballots postmarked by midnight, May 2.
- Saturday, May 13, 8:00 a.m.: Ballots counted and results certified.
The president and directors will serve from July 1, 2017 to June 30, 2019. They are not paid for their service.
The application period is now closed
For 2017-2019 HGEA State Board of Directors